Here is a bulleted, sourced list of facts about UPMC, some of which are used in the piece on the "About" page.
- UPMC has over 55,000 employees, making it the largest employer in Pennsylvania (Source: UPMC)
- In 2009, they were ranked #7 in revenue of locally based Pittsburgh employers and #1 in Pittsburgh area hospital organizations, earning over $8 billion (Source: Pittsburgh Business Times, Book of Lists, 2011).
- In 2011, UPMC East was ranked #4 on the largest active Pittsburgh construction projects, with a projected cost of $240 million (Source: Pittsburgh Business Times, Book of Lists, 2011).
- UPMC was ranked #3 on the list of the largest office lease renewals and expansions in 2012, with 128,031 sq. ft. leased (Source: Pittsburgh Business Times).
- UPMC facilities occupy four of the top five rankings for largest Pittsburgh hospitals: UPMC Presbyterian #1, UPMC Shadyside #3, UPMC Mercy #4, and UPMC Passavant #5. (Source: Pittsburgh Business Times).
- UPMC's total landholdings in Pittsburgh are valued at $2.5 billion, of which 80% is untaxed (Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette).
- 22 UPMC employees make over $1 million annually; the CEO made $5.97 million in 2012. (Source: Pittsburgh Business Times).
- UPMC is the single largest private landowner in Allegheny County (by property value), with 656 acres worth $1.6 billion (Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette).
- UPMC owns 8% of Allegheny County's tax-exempt land, and avoids paying $46 million in property taxes (Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette).